So, although this post is long overdue, I celebrated my birthday at the end of January...and it was fun. My boys take good care of me - and even though Benjy was in Texas - he pulled off some great surprises from a distance...
My family and friends are good to me too. I shared lunch and good conversation with one, I received phone calls, texts, and many, many facebook messages, I received a pizza delivery from another so I wouldn't have to cook on my birthday. I had several cakes baked for me to celebrate - one the day before...another the day after.
But the one cake that I ate ON my birthday was the sweetest because it was baked and decorated by none other than my own kids (yes, i did supervise the potentially hazardous events in the kitchen...and talked them slowly through a few things...but they really did do all of the work) I tried to empower them to make decisions and before long realized they weren't ready for all of that seeing it was quite a lengthy battle of which pan combination they should use to pour the batter into :) But then they got to work and it was a special cake, generously covered in raspberries - my fave!
I also received a special delivery at the front door - an edible arrangement - a bouquet of fresh fruit and chocolate sauce (mmmmmm) - sent from Benjy. I seriously had to fight off the kids to get any of it - they were wildly excited!
What a fun day....I am so blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment