Now that I am sort of settling into life with 4 (I said, sort of...not sure if "settling in" will ever truly happen), I am remembering that reading is so good for my heart, soul, and mind. I have several different books on the go, and love the moments of quiet, though they are not often, when I can sneak away on my cozy green chair, with a blanket, and read!
I recently came across a Book Club through a blog I follow. They are about to start reading a new book together. I am going to read along with them...but I would love it even more if YOU would read along with them...and ME! There is something about reading and discussing with friends that is more attractive than doing it with strangers (although, I do intend to follow their comments as well...it just would be more fun to grow with people I love and know)
The book is newly released and has shot up to #7 on Amazon's best sellers list. It is called One Thousand Gifts: A Dare To Live Fully Right Where You Are, by Ann Voskamp. The synopsis says this: Forget the bucket lists that have us escaping our everyday lives for exotic experiences. How do we find joy in the midst of deadlines, debt, drama, and daily duties?
Sounds challenging, and deep, and full of grace and encouragement. Sounds like it is just what I need. You?
If interested, here are a few links to find out about the book...take a sneak peek inside...decide if you would like to read with me.
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/One-Thousand-Gifts/Ann-Voskamp/e/9780310321910/?itm=1&USRI=one+thousand+gifts+a+dare+to+live+fully+right
Here is a link to the Book Club blog that is called Incourage Me (it has other good things to look at as well). Website is www.incourage.me Click on the blue tab along the top right hand side called Book Club, or simply link below. It will tell you details of the reading schedule (1 chapter a week) beginning Sunday, February 6th. They will be posting a video with each chapter, of the author discussing her perspective and thoughts on the book.
http://www.incourage.me/2011/01/one-thousand-gifts-details.html
I look forward to reading and growing. If you care to join me and have some ideas of how we - those of us who know one another - can comment or discuss the book with one another on a smaller scale than this big blog...share away. I'm open to a facebook thread, or using my blog for a weekly conversation, or anything, really.
Check it out and let me know what you think!
That sounds so fun! The book sounds good, too. :)
ReplyDeleteHear about the book from a couple of other friends, so thought it might be worthwhile. I have it on my computer ready to read...we'll see how long it actually takes
ReplyDeleteI visit her blog from time to time. It's lovely.
ReplyDelete