My little boy took his first steps on Tuesday. I guess he is in tune to what I say, and already has a healthy dose of brotherly competition because just that morning I told Benjy that he had now surpassed the age of Pierce when he started walking...and that my prediction was it would be another month. Well, forget that! That afternoon he just stood up and took 2 or 3 steps away from me when I wasn't paying attention. Then, he kept working at it all afternoon.
I am reminded again that it is a big milestone for any child to reach - those first wobbly adorable steps. BUT - when you are the firstborn, you walk in a peaceful environment with mommy/daddy quietly cheering you on. When you are the FOURTH, you have to be pretty determined to by pass the overexcited brothers who are making a whole bunch of rapid motion and wild noises of well intentioned celebrations for you...but they stand so close and throw off your balance, or they zip hot wheels cars between your legs and laugh hysterically - all while you are doing your very best just to lift that one foot and carefully put it front of the other. So, Hudson - you are brave and strong and get a huge pat on the back for your accomplishment today. I am proud of you my sweet boy.
Here is a video of him by the late afternoon that first day.
While on the topic of Hudson - my favorite 1 year old around - let me share some of his other cute accomplishments as of late...
Following the example of his older brothers, Hudson has learned to communicate his "I love you's" even before he can say words... We all sing our traditional song of "raise your hand if you love your Mommy" (or brother, etc..) and he raises his hand. We all cheer and celebrate as though that simple gesture has filled our deep need to know we are loved. It seriously is one of my simple pleasures and makes me swell with joy every time :)
Here he is showing his first self initiated interest in books. He is so so sweet in his footie jammies laying around getting smart :)
Speaking of smart...here he is learning how to read...(ha, just kidding...I will wait a few months for that!) We are having a morning self-esteem tutorial... just in case he ever wonders how uniquely special he is!
And cute he is! So thankful for my Hudson. What a joy and a blessing.

I love this post. He is doing SO GOOD Care. And I love how you are simultaneously cheering him on and videoing the milestone all the while telling Chaser to pick up some toys.Multi tasking Mommy! Also love how Chaser runs the hot wheels into his foot. Our office is closed today! So I get a nice long week end with my family. Oh yeah!!!! Love you!
ReplyDeleteNow this is persistence if ever I saw it. He never gave up....just kept getting up and trying again. Wow! That's exciting and it looks like he is ready to take on the world. I almost burned a pan of buns while watching Hudson.....exciting...
ReplyDeleteSo adorable! Loved the video and the book pictures with the pjs!
ReplyDelete