Our family of four boys is now complete. We are currently entering a new phase of life... we just returned to the USA after a full and exciting seven years in Mexico City. We are using this year to rest, renew, and re-envision our next steps. I have a funny feeling, though, that there won't be a whole lot of resting in this busy household of boys. Enjoy an insider view of our daily adventures with plenty of pictures of the most handsome men I have ever met!

Friday, January 21, 2011

Pay to Play

We seem to have a lot of "three's a crowd" scenarios happening these days in our family.

Two team up and the other is left out. Unless Hudson is awake...he balances out the playtime pretty well, sometimes.

And then we have this other common scenario: simply stating, "actually, I'd like to play by myself for awhile" (I do think in a large family there is legitimate room for that reasoning, but I can tell when it is being used as an "easy" way to not have to share or take turns)

Anyway...

I overheard this conversation today.

Pierce: "Chase, can I play with you?"

The sound of silence.

Pierce: "Chaser, can I play with you? I will pay you a thousand dollars."

I am smiling in the other room. And then my smiling turns to laughter when Pierce, who is pretty smart for his age, continues... "Actually, Daddy will pay you a thousand dollars."

Ha! Not sure Daddy will be willing, but if I had it, I just may pay the bribe to have some peace and quiet and harmonious play between brothers :)

1 comment:

  1. Hee hee! Bank of Dad is starting early in your house. Or perhaps Pierce has a future in Vegas? :)

    ReplyDelete