Our family of four boys is now complete. We are currently entering a new phase of life... we just returned to the USA after a full and exciting seven years in Mexico City. We are using this year to rest, renew, and re-envision our next steps. I have a funny feeling, though, that there won't be a whole lot of resting in this busy household of boys. Enjoy an insider view of our daily adventures with plenty of pictures of the most handsome men I have ever met!

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Scoring Points...

I found an unlikely treasure at a garage sale today. I had Hudson in mind specifically because he seems to love these at every home we visit who has one.

True, I have a house of boys, but...someday way way down the road... I hope to have some daughter-in-laws. Why not think ahead and score some points with them by instilling some domestic skills in my boys, right?!

Besides, gone are the days when the kitchen is only a woman's domain.

So, I bought this little kitchen...cleaned it up with some bleach and lysol and everyone was thrilled with the outcome... especially since the kitchen became the back deck :)


we've got right handed stirring...

and we've got left handed stirring...
we've got smiles...

we've got pancake flipping skills (even tho
its actually a hamburger bun, whatever, right!)

even when the plate spills, we are still more than happy!

there is always more where that came from :)

And before long... the male gene took over. The next time I peeked out on this happy little scene, athletics was quickly involved on this kitchen deck domain.... and a different form of points were being scored!

cherry pie jump shots...

corn on the cob slam dunk attempts
(check out the intensity in Hudson's eyes!)

and another shot from a different angle!


So, future daughter-in-laws...I am doing my best...but just know that sports are really really fun! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment