We were so thankful how things came together to celebrate his life. April was full of rain here in Kentucky and we postponed his party to allow him to have his hopes of a soccer party. Somehow, we managed to plan ahead for the only dry afternoon in a long stretch of time.
As his Mom, I felt like this was a critical birthday for him in that it has been a big year of change for all of us - but I have noticed it especially in Reece. It was my hearts desire for new friends to show up - for fun to be had - for the balance between "cool" and "fun" and yet meaningful to occur.
It was wonderful and so much fun! Simply put - we had 14+ boys outside on the soccer fields, hiking trails, looking for frogs at the frog pond, roasting wieners around a bonfire. The pics capture how great it all was. So thankful, so thankful!
Love my boy! I know this 8th year has great things in store for him.

No comments:
Post a Comment