Our family of four boys is now complete. We are currently entering a new phase of life... we just returned to the USA after a full and exciting seven years in Mexico City. We are using this year to rest, renew, and re-envision our next steps. I have a funny feeling, though, that there won't be a whole lot of resting in this busy household of boys. Enjoy an insider view of our daily adventures with plenty of pictures of the most handsome men I have ever met!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Power of a Band Aid

Most of my boys are still under that belief that a band aid solves everything. It is taken to the extreme in most cases - meaning that Chase can now easily crawl onto the bathroom sink to reach the vanity and he retrieves a bandaid for every scratch....on any one. Side note: you should see these kids legs - am I doing something wrong as a Mom? Their little legs are so bruised, banged, scraped and just plain-all-the-time-dirty. They play hard I guess. That's a good thing. Bad thing is the fight they always give when I expect them to shower or bath to get all that stink and grime off. Boys.

Back to the point of this memory....

On Sunday afternoon we were at our church picnic/cook out. I have got my sleepy whiney toddler on my hip and am trying to balance several plates of food to a table when I hear Pierce's cry. He had fallen and scraped his knee...with a little blood...but no big deal. So I transfer Hudson to the other side and hold Pierce on my other knee. He, of course, feels like he needs a band-aid :) And, I, of course, am not about to tackle that hunt right now (you'd think I would learn and stash a few in the diaper bag...but, hey, I didn't even have the diaper bag anywhere near me that afternoon so it really wouldn't have mattered in the long run). He calms down, we keep eating, and a few minutes later...

Chase looks at us with a lightbulb moment look and says, "I have a band-aid".

"You have had a band aid in your pocket all of this time??" I questioned.

I look over at him, and he is simply peeling one off of his own scrape to share with his little brother :)

I politely appreciated his kind heart but explained we'd get a new one in a few. What a kid! Gross and sweet all at the same time...(good description of him these days)

1 comment:

  1. Gross and sweet! I love that combo. So very precious of that big brother!

    ReplyDelete