Our family of four boys is now complete. We are currently entering a new phase of life... we just returned to the USA after a full and exciting seven years in Mexico City. We are using this year to rest, renew, and re-envision our next steps. I have a funny feeling, though, that there won't be a whole lot of resting in this busy household of boys. Enjoy an insider view of our daily adventures with plenty of pictures of the most handsome men I have ever met!

Monday, June 27, 2011

Free Hugs!

"We need 4 hugs a day for survival.
We need 8 hugs a day for maintenance.
We need 12 hugs a day for growth."
Virginia Satir

In an effort to create a little better atmosphere in our home this week, I shared with the boys the importance of hugging one another.

A quick google for the research behind it lead to be to some neat discoveries that have, in turn, taken over our morning activities. My boys are loving one another and showing it through hug after hug after hug. I hear them saying things like, "please, one more, I need to survive today" :) They are creating secret HUGshakes and forming into HUGgles. It is making me laugh....of course, it is a fine line between a hug-fest and a wrestling match, but hey, so far so good.

Check out these pics of my crew first (the sign they made says "free hugs"), and then see the video below that was their inspiration. And then, of course, go hug someone you love, or someone you don't even know and make their day!











Oh, and just to correct the false assumption that we have this super harmonious hugging home all day through these summer months, or ever, is exactly that: false. We go from hugging to fighting and back again more often than this Momma would care to see. But I do know they truly love one another and I am just thankful we have some hugging too!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post! I feel like I got a much needed hug from reading it. Love reading your sweet stories! ~Barb

    ReplyDelete