Our family of four boys is now complete. We are currently entering a new phase of life... we just returned to the USA after a full and exciting seven years in Mexico City. We are using this year to rest, renew, and re-envision our next steps. I have a funny feeling, though, that there won't be a whole lot of resting in this busy household of boys. Enjoy an insider view of our daily adventures with plenty of pictures of the most handsome men I have ever met!

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Celebrating Pierce's 4th Birthday!

Piersen is now a big 4 year old. We finally celebrated! (...we postponed the party a whole week to let the uninvited stomach bug to leave our home)
The party theme is not hard to figure out - the pictures scream the fire engine theme :) We celebrated on site at the local fire department - even witnessing a real call - causing our almost finished tour of the trucks be interrupted so the firemen could speed on past us and zoom out the front door, sirens blazing. The kids were wide eyed. You couldn't ask for a more authentic experience (and thankfully, we later learned that everything was ok).
Pierce posing on the big ladder carrier fire engine.

The cake.

The personal "P" for our Pierce!

The fiery 4 cupcake.

The happy boy with his cake (makes the hours of
work so worthwhile when you get a smile like that!)

Vanilla cupcakes for the non-chocolate lovers (i.e. Reece)

Pierce was the first one invited to sit up
front and check out the view from way up there!

And the only one with the privilege of turning on
the lights and siren. Check out the video of his happy skip
and celebration - ha!


Reece and the fire chief's hemet.

Chase's turn.

Pierce could only hold it b/c the fireman told
us it was too heavy for little guys to safely try it on.

And Hudson didn't even care to wear the plastic one :)

Pierce & his pinata (which we are learning, are not made like
they are made in Mexico - the thing broke 2 and a half
kids in...rather disappointing...)

...but candy always soothes the soul!

"Happy birthday" and blowing out the fire!

Happy birthday Pierce!

Fellow fire-fighting friends!




 
Posted by Picasa


At every birthday I am sure every parent feels and voices the expression, "I can't believe he/she is another year older" Without disappointment, that is how we feel about Pierce turning 4. Oh how he has grown and changed...and oh how he continues to bless and fill our home with joy, laughter, sweetness, and blessings. Pierce - we love you so much and absolutely love having you around. You bring life and laughter to each and every day - you are funny (and I really mean funny), and kind, and smart and caring. Thank you for being just exactly who you are. I wouldn't change a thing about you (except maybe how slow you eat, and how frequently you lose your shoes, and, and, and ....... just kidding!) For a long, long time Pierce has been adamant that he is not "little, but big" He declares this to anyone and everyone. But he and I have a deal made - a small secret. I have somehow convinced him that although he is now grown up and so so big I won't call him little, but that he will always and forever be "my little boy". Amazingly, he lets me say that to him and always nods his head like only Pierce can...and agrees that he's my little boy but he's not little :) May this 4th year of life be one of wonder, amazement and much growth. Happy birthday handsome boy. We love you Pierce!

1 comment:

  1. Care, I can't see the pictures! Which makes me so sad because Pierce is so cute :).

    Happy birthday to your "little boy" :)

    ReplyDelete