Our family of four boys is now complete. We are currently entering a new phase of life... we just returned to the USA after a full and exciting seven years in Mexico City. We are using this year to rest, renew, and re-envision our next steps. I have a funny feeling, though, that there won't be a whole lot of resting in this busy household of boys. Enjoy an insider view of our daily adventures with plenty of pictures of the most handsome men I have ever met!

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Loving Words Are Powerful

 


Valentine's Day was extra special this year because it taught me an important lesson.

As always, the boys filled out little Valentine's cards for their friends.

Pierce got especially into it sitting at the table signing his name to each card. (So cute to see him work so hard)

 


Benjy and I had a special date planned but our babysitting plans fell through. So, instead, we all ate supper together - and we talked to one another...sharing things we love - or at least like - about one another. I had made each of the boys a little valentine from me - and as we spoke, I recorded the words inside of the card so they could always see that through all the craziness of brotherly teasing, pestering, fighting - they love one another.

Little did I know the importantce of that last minute idea. It was powerful and I hadn't really expected them to care that much. We have reread those cards to them - at their request - over and over again.

Chase slept with is card by his pillow that night :)

 


Pierce made a game of it to be silly and act out each of the statements inside the card...so he requests it over and over again.

I think we too easily overlook the power of speaking affirming words to one another - simple compliments that say "I like you because..."

 


Happy Valentine's day boys. You are very much liked and even more loved!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment