Friday, February 25, 2011
The Sincerest of Compliments
This morning I invited Pierce to sort laundry with me.
With enthusiasm he hopped on over to join in the fun. I explained that all I wanted was for him to put the clothes that looked mostly white on one pile and the ones that had colors on another.
He began to sort, looking often for affirmation on each article of clothing he picked up.
Within moments he looked up at me and in his own simple yet sincere way said, "Mommy, you are really good at this"
(Ha! I guess everyone's gotta be good at something)
It made me smile and elevated this all too common task to almost fun (I said almost!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So very cute!! He can come do some laundry at my house if he'd like....and dusting, and vaccuming, and a few dishes....
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to seeing you all next month!
Sweet boy!
ReplyDeleteLove how those sorts of words from our little guys can just turn a day around. He is SO cute!