Our family of four boys is now complete. We are currently entering a new phase of life... we just returned to the USA after a full and exciting seven years in Mexico City. We are using this year to rest, renew, and re-envision our next steps. I have a funny feeling, though, that there won't be a whole lot of resting in this busy household of boys. Enjoy an insider view of our daily adventures with plenty of pictures of the most handsome men I have ever met!

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Be My Valentine

I have a house full of boys. No question there. But...... they are the sweetest boys around.

I gave them the option: buy or make their own valentine's day cards. They all yelled "make!" Whooo hooooo! (see, they are sweet to me.... because of course I am going to love homemade creativity more than commercialized Disney premade stuff - no offense, if that is the direction your family went :)

So they potato stamped blue and white hearts on to lightly colored feminine colored papers (I would not admit to them they were pink and purple - we went with a rose and lilac description to avoid a "grrroooooossssssssssssss" and "nooo wayyyyy" revolt! even then, there were several close moments)

I loved this part about it all: the elementary teachers specifically asked that the kids sign their own names and gave them the option to address them to specific classmates, or to go generic. Reece's wheels began turning and he said out loud, but to himself: it will take up more time delivering them if I have to search for every person.... "I want to label mine" he replied :) Smart cookie!

Chase also chose to list each friends' name on the front. He took great care to make cool swirly heart shapes on each little card.

But preschool Pierce was told very specifically to NOT address the valentine's card to his classmates. I assume it makes it less chaotic to hand them out - I understand that. But Pierce went about things in his own, extremely sweet way. As he was folding and sealing each one with a sticker this morning at the breakfast table, these were his comments:
* "I want the star sticker for Sydney because her favorite song is "twinkle twinkle little star and she sings it all the time" :)
* "Austin loves snakes. the snake sticker for him" :)
* "Miss Sue loves songs so the one with music notes on it" :)
* "Jackson is so cool so I am gonna give him this sticker that says "c-o-o-l"" :)
* "Miss Marilyn gets the one with teacher things like books and apples" :)
* "Maya likes stars so I will give her this one" :)

Isn't that so sweet. He was denied the chance to print each name but he personalized each one in an even more special way. And, yes, he assured me this afternoon that each one got the one with their special sticker on it.

Sweet, sweet boys!

I gotta get working on a special Valentine for each of them...

No comments:

Post a Comment