It is hard to believe how fast time flies! Hudson is now 1 and his first year in our family just all flew bye so fast......
We celebrated him with an airplane themed party. Oh, believe me, I had so so so many cute ideas, but.... he is turning only 1, and won't remember any of this anyway so I was sort of forced to bring it down to reality and leave things a little simpler.
It was not the easiest few days for him...or all of us for that matter! He was pretty much not a happy boy during all of the festivities. He cried a lot and just wasn't feeling great, although the whipped cream did interest him :) I decided to portray the honest side of the birthday celebration rather than edit out the crying pics... Enjoy!
The cake...
The crier...
It was not the easiest few days for him...or all of us for that matter! He was pretty much not a happy boy during all of the festivities. He cried a lot and just wasn't feeling great, although the whipped cream did interest him :) I decided to portray the honest side of the birthday celebration rather than edit out the crying pics... Enjoy!
The cake...
The crier...
And then we had a small family celebration again on his real birthday, the 16th.
It was another fussy day overall, but we did find a few happy moments scattered in with the birthday blues.
The boys had fun decorating airplane cookies in Hudson's honor...and Hudson simply ended the day crying.Oh, and how could I forget? In all my efforts to make my sweet boy's birthday special, I had decided to give him a simple gift - a long and fun time in the bath (see, he is the 4th and usually gets a quick dip, if lucky, and only for cleaning purposes...but he loves, loves, loves the bath - poor boy!) So I lovingly decided to give him that - and I get him all happily into the water, and within minutes he POOPS in the water!! Grrrrr..... Happy birthday sweet Hudson!!!
O! How I wish I could have been there to celebrate with you.... looks like everyone had a pretty good time....poor Hudson, but he looked like he enjoyed his bath....love ya guys!!!
ReplyDeletehow sweet. . . airi also loves the bath. i think i've gotten spoiled with alani being able to hang out unattended, so I get impatient and don't let airi hang out as long as she'd LOVE to do! poor hudson, it can be troublesome, new tastes of sugar and lots of festivities and busy-ness. . . it can be hard for a little one to process, and yet we as mamas just want to celebrate them!!!!
ReplyDeleteAw! Sweet boy...those tears break my heart! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to Hudson--I can NOT believe how fast our first year with our 'fourths' is going!
With that passie in his mouth he reminds me so much of Piersen when I first knew him! He's so cute!
ReplyDelete