Our family of four boys is now complete. We are currently entering a new phase of life... we just returned to the USA after a full and exciting seven years in Mexico City. We are using this year to rest, renew, and re-envision our next steps. I have a funny feeling, though, that there won't be a whole lot of resting in this busy household of boys. Enjoy an insider view of our daily adventures with plenty of pictures of the most handsome men I have ever met!

Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Halloween! "Oooooooooooooooo CANDY!"



We had a really fun weekend. Lots going on but we managed to squeeze it all in...

The boys had been anxious to carve their Jack-o-lanterns a few days ago, but with everything we had going on we convinced them to do it in stages...appeasing them with a little fun every night (which let us squeeze the most enjoyment out of the smallest activity and saved our tired selves from attacking the whole mess all at once)! So Thursday evening was designated to designing the face! Trust me, that in and of itself took enough time for these boys (I sense a wee bit of perfectionism pulsing through some veins already) Then Saturday morning we finally got around to gutting and carving them. Here are a few fun shots of the action and then their final mug shots next to their Jacks (ummm, excuse me, Pierce decided to name his "speedy boy" and was quite bothered by any reference to him as a Jack-o-lantern)









We love Toy Story and since we have found ourselves feeling like we are from another planet these days, I thought it was a perfect costume idea when Reece suggested the Toy Story aliens... So that is what they became....



Pre-performance mode they had practiced their unison alien voice of pointing and saying "ooooooooooooo candy....you have saved our lives, we are eternally grateful" - but that kind of fell by the wayside when they began running like wild indians to get to get the candy...usually leaving stumbling Pierce at the back of the pack...

As you can see, the masks held up great for a picture but weren't so user friendly when in trick-o-treatin' action....so Chase improvised and held it high on his head...and Reece apparently thinks he is already too cool at age 7 and didn't keep his on for very long at all. Pierce was the cutest, truly looking like an alien as he stumbled around, trying to keep up with the big, fast kids (ha! and easily losing his way because he was more focused on maintaining extreme caution around any costume that might be scarey)




And I knew Hudson would never keep anything on his face, so we tricked him into alien world by attaching his onto the back of his hood :) It was pretty cute when he crawled around to find the candy stash. Oooooooooooooo candy!!!










Hudson got a hold of a tootsie roll....at first I was not too concerned until I noticed his rapid sucking motion and total contentment....he got through the paper and was loving it!! (not so happy when I pryed it out of his mouth!)





Here is a picture of the friends we went trick-or-treatin' with. It was a great night....Happy Halloween everyone!

5 comments:

  1. very cute costumes, two fave pix are thes one of P and H where it's the back of H's head and the front of P's. . .cute cute!!! well worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a real woman of invention, Care. Everything looks great. Those boys will never forget all these fun times you have created for them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Cutiness!!!! I'm impressed you were able to get them to all agree on the same costume theme. I really like Hudson's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures and moments of these beautiful family. I love you and really miss you guys! Don't you want me to be your nanny or Hudson's personal teacher next year? I'll love that! :)

    ReplyDelete