Our family of four boys is now complete. We are currently entering a new phase of life... we just returned to the USA after a full and exciting seven years in Mexico City. We are using this year to rest, renew, and re-envision our next steps. I have a funny feeling, though, that there won't be a whole lot of resting in this busy household of boys. Enjoy an insider view of our daily adventures with plenty of pictures of the most handsome men I have ever met!

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Boys & Soccer

This soccer season is officially over for my boys. It was so fun! I really loved watching them and cheering for them and feeling proud of them for running, and playing, and passing, and scoring, and for burning. so. much. energy! Each of the three big boys played and had their own unique contributions to the sport...and to my heart.
Reece has a powerful left leg and it was so exciting to watch his team. They made the game, well, let's just say a real game in comparison to the younger boys... Very fun! Reece played great defense, kicked the ball long and hard, and gave his heart out there.
The highlight of watching Chase was to see his Mexico background and love for the World Cup shine strong. When other kids would score, they would just smile and give a slight cheer. But when Chase would score....he would beam with pride, spread his arms wide, and celebrate with a victory lap around the field (see picture below) Everyone enjoyed his celebrating!
Pierce's affection for the game was a slow progression. He wanted to play - not ever practice. He just wanted to cut all that extra stuff out and get to the good stuff. He was smaller than everyone on the field and was not very aggressive in getting to the ball....but you have never seen a bigger smile on a kids face and more consistent running out of a 3 year old. He followed that ball wherever it went, and wasn't concerned about actually kicking it. Running. And smiling. That was enough :)
I took a lot of pictures. I am posting them because I love them.... I can foresee many more hours in our future spent out on the soccer fields!







Posted by Picasa










Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. O! Man! What awesome pictures. They surely did put their whole hearts into it. Good going boys. Wish I were there to watch you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so beautiful, care. I love seeing your pics

    ReplyDelete