A new chapter of life. A new blog in its' honor. Seems appropriate.....
I am excited to finally be sending this new blog out into cyberspace, etching our fun family memories onto a screen for my sentimental safe-keeping, and sharing them with you because... apparently you care! Thank you for your patience and your occasional gentle reminders that you miss reading about our life happenings - makes me feel loved.
As you can imagine, we have had a crazy few months. We have climbed and crashed and sat stationary and sped and coasted on the roller coaster called "major life transition". It has been a journey - and it ain't over. We left our Mexico Querido mid June, rain pouring down as we took the final drive out of Mexico City, tears softly blending with the very perfectly timed music playing in the background. I am just that way - breathing in the moment, trying to experience it fully. It is now mid September and we have felt and experienced a wide range of emotions through these "re-settling" months. All in all - we are well - we are adjusting - some days are easy - some aren't quite. Most importantly we are together in it. We miss many things about Mexico on a daily basis and yet we are finding good in the "today" as well. Four boys keep life hopping and so we are regularly called to the reality of living in the moment. There are always things to be done and normal, routine-ness of daily activity. That is a good thing.
As I said, lots has happened and is always happening that is worth remembering. I have several posts long written in my head about funny things the kids have said and done since last blogging. Doubt the time is to be found to sit down and get it all "caught up" in one evening, so we will just have to see how it all comes together "poca a poco"...
I believe that at the heart of most blogs is simply a place for the author to write - to think out loud - to record special things. This one will be no different. Nothing all that profound, yet perhaps, at times, in its simplicity, very profound. Profound and unique because it is me, writing about mine. That matters. To me at least. And if you want to read and smile and laugh and reflect alongside me, you are invited to do so! My four boys have - and will always - teach me and remind me and challenge me and call me to the important things in life...and tonight I am thankful for that.
May the blogging continue...
I'm happy you let us read along as you think out loud! :) I've been missing your stories.
ReplyDeleteFor Mama Tuley today is off to a wonderful start! I had a chance to visit with you and yours. Thanks for inviting me in to visit for a minute. :) Hugs to all.
ReplyDeleteWoo-hoo! So glad you're blogging again!
ReplyDeleteI've been missing chatting with you lately. And, I miss your blog, too. I've checked a few times, but I know these last few months have been really busy. Love you!
ReplyDeleteI love this, all of the pictures are sooo cute! I totally relate to what you said about missing Mexico but living today, I mean, I know I was there for a short time by comparison, but because of great people like you and such a fun and bright culture, it made a deep impression. Anyway. Thanks for sharing your life. Love you guys!!
ReplyDeleteDear sister and friend,
ReplyDeleteYou struck several heartstrings when you wrote about the purpose/results of writing a blog. Writing helps me process, and even become more aware of what God is doing in and around me. I also loved the sentence that describes you...of wanting to take in the moment to its fullness. That is SOOOO you...and what I love MOST about you. You love your boys. You love your life. I like to share that with you, so thanks for continuing to share. We miss your presence here in Mexico, even though we didn't get to enjoy each other's company much. I know you are not here and I miss you. Blessings as you settle into a new normal! Alicia
I love your header!!! You did such a good job. Loved your post. You are always so thoughful with your words. Good to talk with you today in between kids. Love you. Glad you are back!
ReplyDeleteyou r a poor blogger thatzz 4 sure
ReplyDeletephew, so glad you didn't give up the blog completely, looking forward to keeping up with you in this way again. i'm almost a full month behind on my own blog, so . . . . i'm almost in the same boat :)
ReplyDeleteCare, the blog looks amazing! Hudson is beyond adorable. You know that 'arrangement' we've talked about? *ahem*
ReplyDelete*heehee*
I think we'd have some stinkin' adorable grandbabies! :) That's all I'm saying!
So looking forward to having you back again, my friend!
u should give up bloggen 2 boring
ReplyDelete